Friday, October 14, 2005

 

lesson 7: the a ki ba kei.
one of my students who isnt a student of the university but a dental nurse (she only comes for English class) came sneakin into class the other day with an even sneakier look on her face. now this student is a bit quirky and always comes out with some well funny things, and her English is pretty good.
so she asks me what train station i use to get to uni in the morning, which immediately makes me suspicious of her questioning. "why?" i reply in a long drawn out tone.
it seems one of the people she works with at the dental clinic had seen a "very strange man" with an 'a ki ba kei' bag waitin at the barrier for a train to pass, u know, like in oulton broad.
'a ki ba kei' kinda means 'geek' or 'nerd' in japanese and i hav a bag that i carry my books to work in with this written on it. my student instantly assumed this is me and the person she works with drew a picture of the "very strange man" to see if it was.
the chances of two "very strange" men...both with 'a ki ba kei' bags...i'll let u decide.
sambo.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?